Lots of things have been happening lately in chorus.
1) We are going to the MPA’s!!!!!
2) We’ve got some new music:
2.1 Gloria Festiva
2.2 Ubi Caritas
3) Mrs. Horne will be singing (and playing on the piano) the Phantom of the Opera!!!!!!!!!!!
4) We are participating in the Dream Flags Ceremony!!! And we will be singing…
Seasons of Love (from RENT)!!!!!!!
I decide that instead of making a bunch of little posts that I would accumculate my day into one medium-sized post:
1) Band: The 3rd clarinets got to move up to the front row and everyone was forced to play as loud as possible and it sounded like a madhouse.
2) Language Arts: Mrs. Lee had a back problem so we got Mrs. Zeiger as a substitute. We started reading Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. I remember reading this in Mrs. Mayo’s class in the 5th grade so me, Jordan, and Claire already know the story.
3) Science: All we did was take notes and afterwards, my hand felt like it was about to fall off!
4) Soar: I learned that there are actual sports pychologists.
5) Mrs. Galloway’s: Started on the 2nd draft of the script. PATS people were gone again, so it wasn’t much.
6) Math: We learned about discounts.
7) Chorus: The most exciting part of my day!
8) Civics/Geography: We took an opinion quiz and I learned that I’m a… STRONG LIBERAL/DEMOCRAT!!! GO OBAMA!!!!! But, I already knew this.
Other: My dad and I went through a bunch of old stuff from both of our childhoods. It was super cool! He also gave me a Carrabba’s pin which I love so much that I’ve been wanting to go there for my birthday ever since last summer!
We performed our Rumours skit for Mrs. Galloway to get her input. She said that quote,
“It needs to be less Days-of-Our-Lives-like. Less of a 90’s preppy girl showdown.”
Everyone burst into laughter because it was true! We were so excited since it was the first time we performed it all the way through with all of the cast members, we apparently decided that we should overexaggerate as much as possible!