Does anybody else think that everything at Bath & Body Works smells the same nowadays? Remember when they had those good scents like cucumber melon and all of those fruits with real names? I do, and I know for sure my mom does. She used to wear that stuff all over the place! Now every single purfume or lotion or soap smells like a chemical garden!
Anyway, lately, my mom and I have been trying to find a store with really good-smelling perfume at low prices. Not like any Gucci or Giovani that cost $100 for a bottle the size of your thumb. We kept looking in a store similar to Bath & Body Works called The Body Shop, but for as long I can remember, the only thing they ever had that we bought was soap. Then, today all of a sudden- BAM! -right in the front of the store they’re announcing that they’ve created a body mist (How fancy!) line of products. Me and my mom almost fainted because we had just come out of the B&BW hoping for the hundreth time that some of the good flavours had come back only to come out with headaches from their smells.
There was a sale going on where you bought 2 and got one free so each bottle was about $8 which is average for my mom’s beauty budget. She got Satsuma and Mango while I got Strawberry. If I were you, reading this, I would go out and buy some of this stuff because The Body Shop uses ingriedients that are about a thousand times better for the environment and people than any other beauty store I’ve seen in a long time. They also support fair trade and a ton of other things like stopping abuse and people trafficking.
Shortly after Girl Scouts, I went home with Vivian for the day. She was expecting Tabitha to come over at 3:30 for a sleepover. I would have stayed for the sleepover, but I already had plans for Sunday. From 2-3:30 she and I cleaned her house, which was alot more fun than I thought it would be, and screamed along to the music playing on the radio.
After we picked up Tabitha, we headed straight for the Cordova Mall. This is the itenerary of what we did, but I’m not sure if it’s in order:
1) We went to the awkwardest store in the whole mall, Hot Topic, to get our friend, Sasha, who is the awkwardest person I’ve ever met.
2) In Bed, Bath & Beyond we got kicked out because we were rolling on the floor laughing and playing really loud hide n’ seek in the curtain department.
3) The only reason we didn’t get kicked out of the World Market was because I actually purchased something before I realized that Sasha and Tabitha and Vivian were practically yelling across the store.
4) We all had Chinese food. I learned that Tabitha doesn’t like sushi. Also, we had ginormous pretzles.
5) At the Puppy Shop we were comparing the animals to people at our school.
6) In Bath & Body Works, Sasha was singing “I Am Not A W****” by LMFAO. She also did this in the parking lot for like 15 minutes straight.
That was pretty much it for my Saturday.